5 things to know before the stock market starts on Tuesday, June 21st

Here are the most important news, trends and analyzes that investors need to start their trading day:

1. The Wall Street S&P 500 will advance after 2020 after a poor search

The sign for Wall Street outside the New York Stock Exchange is seen with American flags.

Yuki Iwamura | Afp | Getty Images

Dove futures It was up 400 points or 1.4% on Tuesday after a terrible week of selling. Both the S&P 500 and Nasdaq futures are up 1.5% to start the holiday-shortened week. The 10 years treasury income On Tuesday Was the highest of 2011, Approximately 3.28%, which helps reduce stock pressure. Following last week’s biggest Federal Reserve Interest rate hike since 1994 against inflation, central bank chairman Jerome Powell He is due to present his half-year monetary policy report to Congress on Wednesday and Thursday.

  • The S&P 500The weekly decline was 5.8% Worst since March 2020The month the Govt epidemic was announced as investors worried about the recession.
  • The Dove It closed below 30,000 again on Friday and lost 4.8% last week. This is the weakest weekly performance of the 30-share average since October 2020.
  • There are no exaggerations for those who perform poorly Nasdaq4.8% weekly loss.
  • The stocks of all three stocks fell for three consecutive weeks. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq have seen weekly losses in 10 of the last 11 sessions. Dove’s negative week was the 11th in 12 weeks.

2. U.S. oil prices are recovering from some of last week’s sharp declines

West Texas Intermediate Crude Oil, The U.S. oil price rose 2% on Tuesday About $ 110 per barrel, Triggered a strong pre-market rally in energy stocks. However, the WTI fell more than 9% last week, breaking the seven-week winning streak and settling below 15% on Friday. 13-year high at $ 130.50 in early March. Concerns about supply and demand have been heightened by geopolitical factors, including Russia’s war in Ukraine and China’s Rolling Coward quarantine locks and restrictions.

  • But as of Tuesday, the national average for a gallon of gas Reduced back to under $ 5. Yet it is still high, President Joe Biden said Monday Seriously considers Temporary suspension on the federal gas line before the fourth of July.

3. Kellogg plans to separate; JetBlue enhances its Spirit offer

Kellogg Announced plans until Tuesday Divide into three independent entities. The food company’s North American grain business and plant – based division accounted for about 20% of its revenue last year. The third independent entity will be the remaining businesses – 80% of its 2021 sales, including its snacks, noodles, international cereals and North American frozen breakfast brands. CEO Steve Cahillon told CNBC on Tuesday that the name Kellogg would be sticking in some style. Kellogg’s shares rose 6% on the primary market after the announcement.

Shares Spirit Airlines It was up 9% on the primary market on Tuesday, but was down Jet BlueSweet acquisition offer of $ 33.50 per share on Monday. Spirit said last week it was in talks with JetBlue about its offer and is expected to make a decision on the proposal by June 30. JetBlue said its proposal reflects a 68% premium on competing stock from parents and the indirect value of the cash bid. Frontier Airlines.

4. Musk says 3 issues need to be resolved in order to move Twitter purchases forward

Elon Musk Said there are Three main obstacles To pass before he completes the $ 44 billion purchase Twitter. In an interview with Bloomberg on Tuesday, the CEO Tesla And there are many “unresolved issues” in SpaceX that need to be resolved before proceeding with the acquisition: fake accounts, credit financing and Twitter partner approval. The fate of the deal has become increasingly uncertain in recent weeks after Musk threatened to step down in response to questions about Twitter revealing the number of spam accounts on the platform.

5. Bitcoin rises after sinking below $ 18,000 over the weekend

Bitcoin It rose more than 5% on Tuesday Over $ 21,000 After a Wild long weekend. The world’s largest cryptocurrency fell to about $ 17,600 on Saturday, falling below the critical $ 20,000 mark for the first time since December 2020. At its lowest point on Saturday, Bitcoin was 74% below its all-time high of $ 68,000. In November, it was Nasdaq’s last record month. Bitcoin has been trading in conjunction with the technology-strict index, shooting down crypto’s argument as an inflation hedge like gold.

– CNBC Yun Li, Peter Shogno, Samantha Subin, Jesse Pound, Amelia Lucas And Ryan Brown NBC News and Reuters contributed to the report.

Sign up now CNBC Investing Club should follow Jim Kramer’s every stock move. Follow broad market action as a pro CNBC Pro.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.