Match Overview:

Half Time Score: 0 – 0

Attendance: 154


After a slow start, Bridlington Town began to enter the game. Coming from a loss away from home, Town were looking to set the record straight.

There were few chances for either side through the first half of the game.

After a well-placed cross was fumbled by an Albion defender it looked certain that Brett Agnew would find the net. Unfortunately his shot was well stopped by the Albion keeper.

The only other real opportunity of the first half was a free kick from a few yards out of the area. The ball looped excellently over the Albion wall, but went inches to the wrong side of the post.

Bridlington Town vs Albion Sports
A Bridlington Town free kick goes just wide.

Half Time

The second half started much brighter for Town, who looked certain to break the deadlock with some excellent runs forward.

It was Albion Sports that came the closest to breaking the deadlock with a terrible piece of defending by the Bridlington back four, sending Albion through on goal. Their shot went narrowly wide.

Bridlington Town finally found the back of the net not long after the debacle at the back, but the player was judged to be offside by the linesman.

A late bit of pressure from Town from a free kick 30 yards out was the closest either side came to scoring in the final third of the game.

Bridlington Town AFC
Bridlington Town free kick late in the 2nd half.

Full Time

The final whistle blew to end what was by no accounts a bore-draw.

Both teams performed very well at a windy Hudgell Solicitors Stadium, but neither side could break the deadlock.

Neither team will leave the game thinking they have dropped two points, as both fought hard to try and walk away with all three.

Next Match:

Bridlington Town’s next match is away against Handsworth Parramore on the 31st of October.

Our next home game coverage will be Saturday’s game against Clipstone, 3pm on the 4th of November.

Please check out our Facebook page for a gallery from the game.